An easy recipe to fry up some venison steaks and make a little sauce.
- Fry the steaks (about 1-2cm thick) in a generous amount of butter. Do not overcook! It only takes a couple of minutes on each side, you can see the blood come up. Medium high heat.
- Take the steaks out and set aside. There should be quite a bit of liquid in the pan.
- Add about the same amount of red wine as there was liquid, let it reduce.
- Add some milk (a little less than the red wine)
- Let it reduce to a nice consistency, and serve right away!
This goes well with some roasted sweet potatoes. Dice them up, sprinkle some salt and pepper, a little olive oil and about 35min at 400F.