Make a rub and cover a ~2kg pork shoulder roast and leave over night:
- smoked paprika
- onion powder
- brown sugar
After marinating over night:
- Place ~ 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup water, some soy sauce in bottom of slow cooker, then the roast (fat side up)
- Cook on high for 6 hours or more
- Remove juices, separate the fat out (and use fat for refried beans!)
- Shred with two forks, add back in some of the juice.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil, and broil for 5-10min to make carnitas.